Saturday, March 12, 2011

The story of being pant-less on Kamehameha Hwy.

Well, first of all this is probably alot funnier if you saw it. But I guess if you know me fairly well, you'll get a laugh out of it.

I was riding my bike home from school in Hawaii. I had just taken a test and it was pouring rain. I contemplated just staying in the library until the rain stopped but I just decided to ride home, get wet and then change into dry clothes. Right about in front of the elementary school (if you know Laie) my bike pedal got stuck. My foot was stuck to the pedal. I looked down and it took me a minute to figure out that the bottom of my jeans was wrapped around the pedal 3 times and was now so tight that I could not pedal forward or backward. I was on the side of a busy busy road and in front of a school. Actually he wasn't there that semester but it was right in front of MM's house.

Amazing what you can find on google image

I stopped and put the other foot on the ground. Each second I got wetter and wetter. I tried to wiggle and pull my jeans away from the pedal. I could NOT get it un-twisted. I was so frustrated that I decided the best option would be to text my roomie Rose and have her bring me a pair of scissors to cut the bottom of my pants. As I was about to put that idea to action, I had a better idea. And this one could be carried out without ruining my jeans.

I decided to take my sandal off, lean over on the leg that wasn't stuck and wiggle the stuck leg out of my pants. So yes, I was in my underwear on the side of the road while I reached over to untangle my pant leg. Then I put my pants back on and went on my merry way, soaking wet. When I got home and told the story to Rose she laughed so hard that I thought she would need a fresh pair of pants too :) haha

So which was the better idea? Scissors or taking off my pants?
Related Posts with Thumbnails