Friday, February 26, 2010

I like to wear dresses.

They're the easiest outfit because I don't have to match pants and a shirt and a jacket and shoes and accessories altogether. I just throw on a dress and some sandals. But it always backfires on me. I guess people don't understand my reasoning. I wore a dress today and all day long people kept saying "oh why are you so dressed up?" "you look so fancy!" It was especially annoying at BYU-Hawaii when I wore a dress on Tuesday because then people would say "Oh you dressed up for devotional." To which I would say, "No I was just in a hurry this morning." And they would give me a funny look.

I do things backwards I guess. The days I wear a dress are the days I didn't have time to match together an outfit. I want to go back to fifty years ago when all women wore cute dresses and then I could wear them and no one would say anything.

*PS I am not asking to be ignored when wearing a dress, I still like compliments on my outfits. Just realize that dresses aren't fancy or out of place for everyday wear, they are just comfortable and easy. :)

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Agreed. Now if I only had a shorter femur...

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexie Thomas said...

Totally! I love wearing dresses because it is so easy but hate it at the same time.
p.s. that was my deleted comment above. I wrote you and then realized I was signed on as Jake. I thought you would be confused why a guy was writting about wearing dresses.

Buffy said...

Love your thoughts about dress wearing. I'm totally with you on that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails