Monday, March 1, 2010

What does this mean to you?

If a store's posted hours are 9am to 9pm, then at precisely 9pm they are allowed to lock the doors and stop letting new customers into the store. It DOES NOT mean that they can kick everyone out of the store by 9pm! My mommy and I found these amazing picture frames on Saturday morning. By the time we decided that we wanted to buy the rest of them, it was time to go to adult session of Stake Conference. So, as soon as that ended at 8:50 we were literally the first ones out the door. A short car ride to the store and it was well before 9 o'clock. I dropped my mom off and she ran in. Then I parked the car and approached the entrance.

The lady looked over at me rudely and said "We're closed!"

I said "Oh I am just picking up my mom shes already in there." And pushed my way past her.

We picked up the picture frames and then were making our way over to the checkout. It was 8:57. Another rude worker came over and announced "the store is closed! You need to go through the checkout and leave!"
As he wandered away I checked the time on my cellphone clock (which is always super accurate.) It was 8:58. In a sassy voice I hollered over to him "Actually we have 2 minutes still but thanks!"

I know people just want to go home and its late and they're tired. But seriously when you are at work you need to do your job WITHOUT complaining.

And without kicking people out when they still have 3 precious minutes of shopping time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails