Saturday, March 20, 2010

Once upon a time

a few weeks ago, I was at work. It was lunchtime. There was quite a gathering around the kitchen table. Me, the three kids (Chris, Mike and Abby) and their parents and both the grandmas.

Chris (the oldest boy who is 12) was sitting next to Carol (his mom.) The sun was shining on him just right so that when Carol looked over at him she caught a little glimpse of some facial hair beginning to form on his upper lip.

Carol said "OH MY GOSH CHRIS are you growing a mustache??"

I thought for sure that Chris would be mortified at this discussion of puberty in front of everyone. I really thought he would get mad and snap at his mom for bringing it up.

Instead, he got a huge grin on his face and with a shout of triumph said "I AM? YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I WANT A MUSTACHE SO BAD!!!!!!!!"

On that same note, Puff was telling me how one of the boys in his scout troop was announcing to everyone that the reason he was late to scouts was because "I was shaving." (Emphasis in the word shave)

Another boy I know used to keep track of how many armpit hairs he was growing.

I think it is so funny.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails