Wednesday, June 16, 2010

For Mac's homecoming talk

we got to see so many friend that we hadn't seen in a while. Among my favorites were the Hodnetts. We became friends with the Hodnetts when we first moved away from Santa Barbara. Lennie-Leigh used to teach us piano lessons. Mac and Aust used to catch the huge frog that lived under our trampoline (over and over again) and put it in a big white bucket. Mac spilled Top Ramen in Marissa's new shoes. Jessica spoiled Leena Lou. Marissa and I were co-owners of a hampster named Marshmellow. We would play in the mud in the backyard until we were covered head to toe. So many fun memories and many more to come! This time we played Farkle, snatched up opportunities to wear the Onion Goggles and signed up for every restaurants birthday club.
It is so interesting that when you are good friends with someone, even when you don't see them for a long long time your friendship doesn't go away. I wish I could see them more often it was just so much fun! The same thing just happened with my friend Lexie. I adore her and her family and I hadn't seen her in 5 years and for 6 hours it was like we had never been apart. See here.

I hate to get all sentimental, but today talk to an old friend. It will be great, I promise :) 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

glad you're back to blogging! so fun to read those memories and so blessed to have had you and your family be a part of our lives. wish I could have had in on the fun with Matt's homecoming. I hear it was great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails