Sunday, September 5, 2010

I feel very uncomfortable at church sometimes.

To be more specific, I feel very uncomfortable after they bless a baby in church.
Don't get offended.
Every dad since the beginning of time has done this.
I feel like at any moment giraffes and birds and antelope will burst thorugh the doors and the "Circle of Life" will begin to play as they march down the aisles.
Leena Lou sqeezed my arm so hard today that is is bruised now.
I've decided to name this Mormon phenomenon "Pride Rock Syndrome"
Because I seriously feel like I am attending church on the African savanna with Rafiki and Mufasa.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I concur. I told Brian he was allowed to hold her in his arms and look out to the congregation, but NOT hold her up. He wasn't in agreement until I read him your post this morning. Thanks for helping me seal the deal!

Janiebelle007 said...

There was a cartoon once wherein the father was holding the baby and it had fangs and horns. I really like seeing the babies though. But I do agree with you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails