Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This is what I'm going to be for Halloween.

Leena Lou is going to be Tiger Lily.
We're desperately trying to convince Puff to be Peter Pan.
AND my mommy to be Wendy and my daddy to be Hook.
We'll see how that goes.

I was in the fabric store buying some sparkley green tulle to make my costume. And then when I was checking out the lady asked me what I was making. I told her a Tinkerbell costume. She looked at me over her glasses and said "It's September."
I said "I know but I am going to be gone on vacation until a few days before Halloween and I want to get a heard start."
Then she said "Oh I suppose your daughter has a party to go to or something."
I should have kept my mouth shut because she was obviously was not someone that appreciated Halloween.
I said "Oh it's not for my daughter, it's for me!"
Then she looked at me like I was from the moon and told me that I was way too old to dress up but "whatever."
Apparently she has never been to Waikiki on Halloween or she would know that there are PLENTY of adults who dress up.
And I am one of them.
And my Tinkerbell costume will be adorable!

1 comment:

Janiebelle007 said...

I went as Tink one year and Mark went as Peter. His mother was really embarrassed because you could see his garments under the green panty hose and shorts. The kids still dress up in my dress and his shirt has been in use for many years along with his shoe covers. My dress was not nearly as fancy as yours. And it was yellow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails