Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Co-worker went a little overboard

with the Halloween decorations at my workplace. Ok, maybe alot. I won't lie, I admire her spirit and happy attitude. There are pumpkins, Happy Halloween banners, gravestones, skulls and other things. While I have a strange attachment to the sparkly spiders (I feel like spiders would be a lot less scary if they were covered in glitter) the rest of the decorations have significantly changed my job description.

Instead of spending my entire work day explaining where teacher's offices are or giving people back their homework or un-jamming the copy machine, I spend the day explaining why my co-worker decided that it would be a good idea to include a cherub angel in the Halloween decorations.

It clearly came from the box labeled "Christmas" or maybe even "Valentines Day" but she says "well, when you go to a cemetery there are always angels and stuff on the grave stones."

However, all of this explaining doesn't help. People still look at me funny. I think that they think it was my idea. So when my co-worker isn't around, I sneak a post-it note onto the counter next to the angel. It says:

FANTASTIC DECORATIONS PROVIDED BY CARRIE

People stopped wondering. Because my note explains it all.

2 comments:

Lexie Thomas said...

What do you mean a little overboard? haha. I love that you put a note up!

Hannah said...

Yet another reason to love Kirsi! And those decorations are pretty intense. We thought we were cool for carving pumpkins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails