Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I am pretty sure that

the weatherman needs to go back to kindergarten. There was all this talk of a huge tropical storm in Hawaii today. I was at the beach all afternoon. There was no tropical storm.






And anyways, it is not fair to get my hopes up like that. I wanted it to rain, rain, rain so that school would be cancelled.

Laie Flooding December 2008

And while we are on the topic of weathermen: I have a shocking revelation. If you have ever seen pictures like this on the news with the palm trees blowing and thought to yourself "Oh wow look at those trees. That must be a bad storm!" You were deceived.
(Before I lived in Hawaii I was guilty of thinking that.)




The palm trees look windblown like that even with just a little normal tropical beach breeze. Sorry to burst your bubble.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails