Saturday, August 29, 2009

This Bugs Me!

I love my house. I like my landlords, except for the fact that they come to stay at the house every weekend. So every Friday and Saturday night they make crazy demands for the hours after about 8:30p.m. such as:


You can't watch TV. Well, you can but you just can't have the volume on.

Don't make any noise when you are going up the stairs. Which basically prohibits you from going upstairs because they are creaky and loud.

No talking above a whisper.

Absolutely no laughing.

Any violation of the above rules (or any other ridiculous rule made up on the spot) will result in one of two things


1) The landlord will pound on the wall and yell "GIRLS SHUT UP" or "WE'RE TRYING TO SLEEP" or "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS?" (of course we know what time it is. it's like 8:00)

2) If you're lucky, the landlord will get out of bed and nosily come up the stairs. (She can't even keep her own rules) And then proceed to tell you the lengthy story of the reason it is imperative to sit in TV-less, laughter-less silence for the weekend. I should know it better after hearing it so much, but I usually just tune her out. The story involves various elements about how her bedroom window is right by the stairs and we signed a contract saying we would be quiet and her husband is missing 3 ribs and the rest of his ribs are cracked.
By now, my friends and I have gotten used to all this nonsense.

The part I will never get over is the fact that today (Saturday) at exactly 6:03 a.m. my lovely landlord and her husband decided it would be a good idea to operate heavy machinery, pound nails, yell at each other, mow the lawn, laugh, play the radio, watch the news and let their dogs bark.

How is that fair?

1 comment:

Bekah said...

hahahahhhaa OKAY
me and eric are sitting here reading your blogs killing ourselves over marshall references and Margo visualizations.....you are the BEST BLOGGER EVER!!!! hahaaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails