Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kauai Day 2

OK OK I cannot get these in the right order, so I'll just comment on each one.

 Banana, Kayla and me at Poipu Beach.

 Banana picking out papaya at the grocery store.
Good news for all you goat meat lovers out there. Too bad I was only in Kauai for a weekend. Shoot.

If you have never had the opportunity to go to Wal-Mart in Hawaii, put it on your bucketlist. We found these spiffy gems that you wear on your feet to mop the floor. It reminds me of watching Pippi Longstocking when I was little. She attached scrub brushes to her feet and slipped around a floor covered in bubbles.


See the resemblance?



Me, Banana and Kayla put on mumus. We just couldn't resist.




 Banana was also tempted by these aloha print shorts.



Walking down the pathway where (not 24 hours earlier) we were attacked by bats.



Taking a little rest in the hammock. This is right after Banana fell out of it because we weren't experts at getting in and out of it yet.



Reading the sign along the trail



On our nice walk to ShipWreck Beach



The kitty litter sand at the pool. Earlier that morning we played handicap tag in the pool and I am not very good at it.



This is a horrible picture of me standing near the forbidden kitty litter pool which was our favorite little pool.



  Banana and I got assigned to go exchange the towels at the pool hut.



Happy to be at the beach.



The H.G. Island in the background. We swam over to it. Kristen caught a fish, we wrote ALOHA in the sand and explored every inch of it.



The beach where we wanted to boogie board. But we didn't have any boogie boards yet...



After lunch we found the perfect activity for Banana to do on her birthday.



Poipu Beach




Shave Ice at the craft fair.



Treasures from the craft fair




 Banana was so nice to bring me some CBs all the way from Utah. I love them lots and lots. Read about my obsession here.




I woke up the the sound of the ocean out my window and a nice breeze through the window.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails