Saturday, August 28, 2010

Craft Day: Cindy Shirt

In preparation for D-Land in a few weeks (once it cools off) Leena Lou and I made princess silhouette shirts. It's the cutest idea from Melissa at Honeyscrap. Don't you love her blog?
First, print a side profile pic of your favorite princess. Thank heaven for google image.
Cut it out
Pin it onto black fabric.
Get a t-shirt. We have an obsession with mens white v-necks. Like a pack of 5 is ten dollars at Target.
Iron the silhouette onto the shirt with Heat-n-Bond. This is important we discovered, otherwise the sewing is impossible!
Sew around the edge with black thread.
Add the finishing touches if you want to. I added a headband and a diamond earring. But it looked totally cute plain too.
Ta-da! I think I need to make some more. I don't want to leave any of the princesses out!
(And don't tell my mommy I didn't iron it.)

7 comments:

Diane's Photography said...

Kirsi, you are soooo stinkin creative! Every girl at Disneyland will want one and even ask you where you got that T-shirt. You girls will be the envy of everone at Disneyland!!!

Lexie Thomas said...

So Cute. We need to live closer, you are so creative!

Bekah said...

dont forget about Pocahontas!!!

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Thanks for the love over at my blog! I love your shirt and I laughed out loud when I saw it cause look what I made early last month:

http://honeyscrap.blogspot.com/2010/08/appliqued-silhouette-shirt.html

Great minds huh??!

Anonymous said...

It's such a cute idea! But please, give credit where credit is due. It looks like you saw this idea on honeyscrap on August 11th. Is that what inspired you?? I just want to make sure that we continue to give credit to the ones who think of these awesome ideas in the blog world! It's the couteous thing to do! :)

Anonymous said...

Above...I meant to say courteous! LOL The only reason I bring this up is because I am a fan of so many of these crafty blogs and they have all inspired me! I think it's important to let each other know when we've been inspired by an idea, rather than steal an idea and call it our own.
Thanks! Morgan L.

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Hi Kirsi:)

First off I want to say thank you for sending me a link to your Cindy shirt:) I LOVE seeing what other ladies are making! And thank you for linking it to my blog:) I really appreciate it.

There are no hurt feelings at all over it:) I am so glad that it inspired you and your sister enough to make your own versions:) That is what I love about this blogging thing. We have a chance to really support other women and crafters:)

Sincerely, Melissa:)

PS---I also would LOVE to see your sister's Jasmine shirt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails