Sunday, August 15, 2010

When I was little, my mom would pick me up everyday from school.

I would hop in the car and she would promptly say "What did you learn today?"

To which I would reply "Nothing."

And I know that every kid does this because it happens to me when I pick up my loves Chris, Mike and Abby from school as well.

So when your kids hop in the car and tell you they are learning "nothing" at school, let me tell you what they ARE learning.

Lies I learned in School

"Columbus discovered America." No he didn't, there were Indians there already.

"You can't start a sentance with because." Because it isn't correct grammar. Except it IS correct grammar.

"Pay attention, you are definately gonna use this in your adult life." Wrong.

"You need to learn cursive. You are gonna have to use cursive in fourth grade and all through your adult life" I didn't have to use it in fourth grade and continued to not use it all through college.

"It doesn't matter if you win or lose it only matters that you had fun!" Oh thank you for that job interview, you didn't get the job but we hope you had fun!

"George Washington chopped down a cherry tree."

"You can't subtract a larger number from a smaller number." DUH! Why do they even tell you this?

"There is no such thing as a stupid question." Yes. There. Is.

"Put on your sweater or you'll catch a cold." The common cold is caused by a virus. Not literally being cold.

"In the real world you won't have a calculator, so you need to how to calculate the square root of 78543275893+=647r643927X7423890175890/478978 in your head" Everyone has a calculator on their cell phone. Spare me.

2 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

Lehi discovered America but he didn't leave anyone here to keep it going. Hence Columbus came along to get it going again. Why don't they teach that? I've NEVER needed to know a square root, I don't CARE if George chopped down a cherry tree. I had to learn cursive so I could write papers in high school. And I'm lousy at it. This is a great post because I guess I should have made a list, too. Mostly you have to learn things cause someone tells you to. And don't end a sentence with a preposition. I worry about that waaay too much.

Hannah said...

hee hee hee! i lurved this post to death! also, why is my verification word "sneern?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails