Saturday, September 5, 2009

At work today, I broke the copy machine.

There was a paper jam, and when I set out to find the paper that was causing the jam, one of the levers broke right off. It is a problem to have a broken copy machine at my workplace because about 20 people use it as their printer. My co-worker and I quickly assessed the damage. Serious situations call for serious solutions. I got the scotch tape and went to work. A few minutes and nine feet of tape later, the copy machine was as good as new.

I called IT services to alert them to the problem. They told me they would send someone over to fix it.

I waited and waited and finally, two girls showed up. They were official with their uniforms and their magic fix it bag. They opened the front of the copy machine, took one look at scotch tape mess inside and started laughing. Then they poked around in there and discussed their options with each other. They unzipped their official looking bag and pulled out the solution to the problem. It was a roll of black electrical tape.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that their solution was the same as mine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails