Saturday, September 12, 2009

I am new at my workplace

but I know most of the people in the office because they have been/are currently my teachers. If a teacher comes into the office that I don't know, I introduce myself and we chat for a minute.
I thought it was safe to say that if you have a name as unique as mine and also sat in the front row of a certain someone's class for three months asking annoying questions about marketing, that they would recognize you. But no.
Everytime this particular marketing teacher came by my desk, I would just smile and say hi. I did not think I needed to introduce myself due to the previously mentioned reasons. On this day, he walked by and then stopped and said "Oh, I don't think I know you."
I thought this was ok, since he has a lot of students and maybe he just didn't recognize me. So I said "Hi. I'm Kirsi."
And then he said "Oh" (which I thought meant that he now remembered that we know each other) but he followed that with "What's your last name?" (There is NOBODY else with my name at my school.) So I told him my last name. I thought for sure he would recognize my ridiculously long and uncommon last name. I thought for sure he would say something about how now he remembered me. Instead he said "Is that Finnish?"
At this point I was a little embarassed for this poor teacher. So I just answered "Yeah, how did you know?"
He replied "You have the whole scandinavian look. Well, it's so nice to meet you!"
I look forward to the awkward moment that will occur on the day that he finally figures out that he has met me many times before. Or maybe he will never figure it out. Who knows.

1 comment:

Lexie Thomas said...

That is so funny! How could anyone forget you?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails