Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oops, my grammy will be horrified

*Grammy DON'T read this! (My grammy can type a gazillion words per minute, even with long fake nails, and she taught typing at SBCC for a long time. She is horrified that I don't type correctly. )
Last night, I was browsing the free applications in the Blackberry application store. I found one that calculated how many words per minute you type on your Blackberry keyboard. I was excited. I love my phone and I can text extremely fast. I clicked [Download]
A few minutes later, I was ready to begin. The words appeared in the top of the screen and I typed them as fast as I could. When the test ended after 3 minutes, it proudly announced my score.
"Congratulations! 78 WPM 2 Errors"
So this afternoon I decided I would see how fast I can type on a normal keyboard. I went to typingtest.com. I chose "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" story and 3 minutes and clicked [Start Typing Test]

I typed furiously for three minutes, thinking I had done pretty well. When my score was displayed, it said this:

"57 WPM. 83% Accuracy"
Yes, I can in fact type 21 words per minute FASTER on my Blackberry.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails