Saturday, July 17, 2010

As a member of my church, we are taught to

always accept the assignments we are given. They are opportunities to learn and grow.
So when I got asked to head up the food commitee for our church's stake 4th of July celebration this year I accepted. But I was kind of nervous. I am a great cook. I can cook for a family really well. I could feed 30 people pretty easily. I could feed 100 people relatively easily. 700 people? I have no idea.
And here is living proof that a college degree does not prepare you for the real world. I had all the book knowledge I could ever possibly need for a situation like this. But no practical experience.
"We want to be the food to be the best it's ever been" they told me. 
But it is SO hard to make good food for 700 people. I worked so hard perfecting my recipies for the big day. Of course I needed alot of help preparing and serving all the food but luckily I have the best ward in the world and I had more help than I needed. My wonderful grammy and mommy were my trusty food committee.

This pile represents some of the egg shells, not even all of them!
Me putting together the last breakfast burrito. Number 720.
Some of the watermelon.
One of the fridges full of burritos. There were three.
It went really well. I got alot of compliments on the burritos and we also had pancakes and watermelon and strawbs. It was alot of work though. I think I will try to avoid that assignment in the future....

1 comment:

Janiebelle007 said...

Keep the assignment and ditch the menu. Let them eat cake! OR make their own breakfast burritos. What a girl you are Kirsi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails