Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The next day, we decided to go to the LA zoo.

Thanks to Hannah Banana's sister we got in for free.
I had never been to the LA zoo before, but I loved it.
Hannah Banana and her monkey that she bought for her sister Kristen,
and me with my glittery wild girl keychain.
I got to pet a goat. He was alive and everything.
In the treatful-est moment of the day, we heard a mother lie to her little girl and say
"Come over here and see the dolphins" (There were no dolphins)
To which she quit sulking on the bench, stood up and said
"Well, I DO like dolphins!"
I bet she was disappointed.
Hannah Banana got to see the giraffes.
And I got to see the tigers.
After lunch at the nicest Taco Bell ever and a wild goose chase for bathing suits at my favorite store Nordstrom Rack, we headed over to Newport Beach. Hannah Banana said that LA was ugly and I was out to prove her wrong.
We met Kels and Mac and Ry Guy at the Cheesecake Factory in Fashion Island and had a great time.
Then we got the traditional Balboa Island treat, a Balboa bar. It's an ice cream bar freshly dipped in chocolate and rolled in the toppings of your choice. They also sell them at the Costco foodcourt, but hey we'll let Balboa think they're being original.
We rode the ferry boat from Balboa island to the Newport peninsula and went to the wave beach and the pier. Lovely day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails